December 16th, 2012
Public Communique No. 4 by Leonardo Quijon , Mapuche Political Prisoner from Angol Prison
I Leonardo Quijon Pereira, Mapuche Political Prisoner of the Chequenco Community wish to inform the national and international community the following:
- Due to the concern and petitions of my family for the serious state of my health, I am stopping the hunger strike I began on November 27th.
- I am innocent in the murder of peasant Gallardo and am willing to go under take any forensic examination to demonstrate this, so my charges can be dropped by the Prosecution.
- I will continue to struggle for the truth in this case and the set-ups that accuse me.
- The public hearing on December 13th rejected my release because Prosecutor Chamorro has not handed in the evidence of the investigation.
- I wish to thank all the Lamnien [Sisters and Brothers] that supported and joined me during this hunger strike and those that continue to support me.
Leonardo Quijon from Angol Prison, December 16th, 2012
For more information, contact my sister Cristina Quijon
Distributed by: The Women’s Coordinating Committee for a Free Wallmapu [Toronto]