After 18 on liquid Hunger Strike, the CAM Mapuche Political Prisoners, Ramon Llanquilei and Hector Llaitul, communicate the following to the Mapuche Nation and general public opinion:
- On Friday, November 30th an Injunction to the Court of Appeals in Concepcion was presented with the objective to stop the fulfilment of a sentence that has already been acquitted (Prosecutor Elgueta Case), soliciting this Court to act according to the law and permanently dismiss the case.
- We demand the immediate freedom of Ramon Llanquileo, through weekend releases, since the requirements solicited by the Gendarmerie have already been met.
- End the irregular procedures of the Gendarmerie, carrying out raids to cells where CAM Mapuche Political Prisoners are held.
- Credit given to Hector Llaitul for time served in the current sentence, after almost four years in pre-trial detention for various charges that have been acquitted.
- We give our unconditional support in solidarity to our Peñi Leonardo Quijon, whom is also on hunger strike for his demand to a fair trial.
We Moreover Inform:
After 18 days on hunger strike, the CAM Mapuche Political Prisoners Ramon Llanquileo and Hector Llaitul have lost a considerable amount of weight approximately between 9 and 10 kilograms respectively.
They show ailments such as: headaches, dizziness, cramps, irritability and general weakness.
In the particular case of Hector Llaitul, ailments associated with Chronic Gastropathy and acute Duodenitis have also been manifested.
FREEDOM FOR ALL MAPUCHE POLITICAL PRISONERS
STOP THE REPRESSION AGAINST THE COMMUNITIES IN CONFLICT!
TERRITORY AND AUTONOMY!
Angol Prison, December 1st, 2012
Distributed by: The Women’s Coordinating Committee for a Free Wallmapu [Toronto]