November 14th, 2012
The CAM Mapuche Political Prisoners, Hector Llaitul Carrillanca and Ramon Llanquileo Pilquiman communicate the following to the Mapuche Nation, and general public opinion:
- Beginning today, Wednesday November 14th, we once again have initiated a hunger strike to the final consequences if necessary, as a way to denounce and demand the following.
- We have been persecuted and unjustly convicted of 8 and 15 years respectively through the application of the Antiterrorist Law, and use of “faceless witnesses” due to the ongoing conflict between our People and the Capitalist Chilean State.
- Moreover, we have gone under double jeopardy by the courts, one civil and the other military, violating the judicial principle of “NOS BIS IN IDEM.” We had been convicted to 3 and 4 years by the Chilean Civil Court, when we had already been absolved for the same charges processed by Prosecutor Elgueta through the Military Court.
- Therefore the demands of this mobilization are:
- Freedom for All Mapuche Political Prisoners in Chile.
- To adhere to the “NOS BIS IN IDEM” Principle, allowing our sentences to be lowered from 8 to 4 years (Llanquileo and Huillical) and 15 to 11 years (Llaitul).
- Right to prison benefits, and in the case of Ramon Llanquileo, and the right to political status as a Mapuche prisoner.
- Recognition as Mapuche Political Prisoners, and the right to dignified conditions, separate reclusion, a right to proper health service, and spaces to practice our culture and traditions.
FREEDOM FOR ALL MAPUCHE POLITICAL PRISONERS!!
STOP THE REPRSSION AGAINST THE MAPUCHE COMMUNITIES IN CONFLICT!!
TERRITORY AND AUTONOMY!!
From Angol Prison
Wichan Info al Día
Distributed by: The Women’s Coordinating Committee for a Free Wallmapu [Toronto]